Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Get Nerdy With It

When faced with the question, "What is your favorite type of writing?," I would say, "academic writing," hence the title of this blog, "Nerd Out." Apparently, there are people that think such responses to questions like that are nerdy. I also have a knack for becoming a bit of an obsessive (or, what I call "nerding out") over the books and TV shows I like. I can relate something fictional to almost anything in real life. Nerdy, right? Although I do enjoy academic writing (mostly because I've figured out the formula for what teachers and the academic world want, not because it is the most passionate, exciting kind of writing there is), I have decided to branch out.

This blog will be a way for me to free write. What will I write about? My answer, in short, I have absolutely no clue. I am freeing my brain from all the planning of academic writing, and allowing myself a place to write where I can be inspired by anything at any time. There's no telling what might inspire me. I am excited by the potential of all this blank space.

Hopefully, I will have some readers, but if not, this will be a fun experience anyway.


Nerd, Out. 








                                                                     Cue theme song.




No comments:

Post a Comment